Like us, there are many Ex-Service Organisation (ESOs) providing support to the Veteran Community. Their services are varied and include:
• lobbying to promote improved conditions and entitlements for the veteran community;
• advocacy support, particularly if you're seeking support and services from Defence or DVA;
• well-being support for Veterans and their families;
• help in seeking financial assistance;
• home and hospital visits, aged care support;
• employment and vocational advice; and
• social activities to provide mutual support and networking opportunities.
Depending on your circumstances, we may suggest a referral to another more specialist ESO, for example, Legacy tend to have an expertise in supporting widows and children, and we may approach the Bravery Trust to assist in cases of financial hardship, to name but two.
So please rest assured that whichever direction our journey takes you, you will be in good hands at all times.